2010-08-27

Toby and Dexter went missing

Dexter and Toby
I had a major scare when I got home today. Dexter and Toby were missing!  One of the tubes came off. Dexter somehow got into one of small trash cans that was next to one of the sofa chairs.  Toby was more difficult. We spread food everywhere and looked everywhere.  He was in the kitchen all this time under the cabinets. There are openings under the panels. Luckily I was able to scoop him up. Dexter was so happy to see his buddy again. I thought Toby was gone. Toby is so tired. He is sleeping. It was almost an hour before he ventured out. Toby must have smelled the sunflower and pumpkin seeds.

The loose tube is now taped up real good. It will not come off again. They were probably out all afternoon. We found signs of Toby in Steve's computer room. Poopies everywhere and found gerbil track on some of the dusty stuff. He was everywhere in that room. I am just happy that he is safe and sound and pray that he did not eat anything bad for him. We look around. I think he was safe but who know what is behind the panels. We are going to get those taped up tonight so it will not happen again.

1 comment:

Owl Girl said...

I'm glad you found them. I hate it when my gerbils get lost, I can't do but getting nervous and stressed, and they get stressed too :(